Come on a journey with Deacon Tom and Mary Jane Fox, to Nazareth in the Holy Land! You will hear how Nazareth was at the time of Jesus and how it is today. Virtually walk with them through ancient Nazareth and visit the Church built over the home of Joseph. Learn more about this man, Joseph who was the chaste spouse of Mary, the Mother of God, and the foster father of Jesus, the Son of God.
During this program, they will also discuss:
- The history of the Church of St. Joseph.
- The significance of this holy site.
- Joseph’s obedience.
- Much more!
Listen to this program now:
Spiritual Exercises for this Year of St. Joseph:
- Read Pope Francis’ Patris Corde
- Read John Paul II’s Guardian of the Redeemer
- Display a Statue, Image, or Icon of St Joseph in your home with a perpetual candle burning by it. Place your intentions there at “his feet”. Entrusting him to watch over you and your intentions.
- Include the names of your deceased loved ones and friends. He is the patron Saint of the Dying.
- Joseph as a powerful intercessor before Jesus & Mary for the salvation of souls.
- Pray to St. Joseph daily.
- Make an Act of Consecration to St. Joseph.
- Make an appointment with the Holy Family each week. Spend at least an ½ hour or preferably an hour in Adoration of Jesus in the Eucharist if possible; or at home. Include time with Mary and Joseph as well….asking their guidance to help you grow in holiness.
Jewel for the Journey:
“Devotion to St. Joseph is one of the choicest graces that God can give to a soul, for it is tantamount to revealing the entire treasury of our Lord’s graces. When God wishes to raise a soul to greater heights, he unites it to St. Joseph by giving it a strong love for the good saint.” – St. Peter Julian Eymard
Closing Prayer to St. Joseph (The Memorare):
Remember, O most chaste spouse of the Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who implored your help and sought your intercession were left unassisted. Full of confidence in your power I fly unto you and beg your protection. Despise not O Guardian of the Redeemer my humble supplication, but in your bounty, hear and answer me. Amen.
A Closer Look at the Church of S. Joseph:
Where is the Church of St. Joseph?