PILGRIM CENTER of HOPE
7680 Joe Newton | San Antonio, Texas 78251 | 210-521-3377 | PilgrimCenterOfHope.org
Answering Christ’s call, Pilgrim Center of Hope (PCH) guides people to encounter Him so as to live in hope, as pilgrims in daily life.
Our Core Values
Humility & Trust | Docility & Discernment | Kerygmatic Joy
Our ministry encompasses pilgrimages, conferences, and evangelization outreach. PCH is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, founded in June of 1993 by Deacon Tom and Mary Jane Fox.
Media & Communications Assistant
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours
COMPENSATION: Starting at $18/hour
EDUCATION: High School Diploma, Higher Education Preferred
SUMMARY: The Media & Communication Assistant (MCA) person is a “Media Missionary of Hope” who both enacts the mission of PCH and promotes its events; through video production as well as broadcast, social, digital & print media campaigns. The MCA will act as a creative producer for the weekly video series Journey with Jesus and Meet Mary, as well as monthly productions of Socials with the Saints and Meet the Master.
The person who fulfills this position is one who cultivates knowledge & interest in the “new evangelization” as understood and proclaimed by the Catholic Church.
The new evangelization is not a matter of merely passing on doctrine, but rather of a personal and profound meeting with the Savior. Before we can pass on the Gospel to others, it must first have permeated our own lives so that we in turn may bring it to others. It is important to recall that evangelization involves conversion, that is, interior change. Evangelization must emanate from a deep experience of God. – John Paul II
- Passion for creative productions including but not limited to: video, radio, social media
- Proficiency with industry-standard video & photo editing tools and digital media formats
- Clear and effective communicator. Personable and active listener.
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work towards meeting deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for promotion of PCH mission through media & interpersonal relationships.
- Organized. Exercises sound judgment and discretion in focusing on job objectives, establishing priorities, and reacting to the unexpected.
- Motivated; a self-starter who exercises good judgment in decision-making.
- Consistently meets the mission’s core values and branding; aiming for a high level of professionalism.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- HS Diploma. Higher Education preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience: social media marketing/content development & video production
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & Photoshop at minimum), or equivalent digital media editing tools.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities and to use good judgment in prioritizing assignments.
- Ability to independently set and meet goals according to objectives developed by Directors.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The following duties will be executed in conjunction with PCH Staff, as directed by PCH Media Coordinator and/or PCH Directors:
- Be informed of, and committed to, the mission and values of Pilgrim Center of Hope.
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Develop engaging content for social media platforms.
- Create and edit written, video, and photo content using software editing programs & equipment such as cameras, microphones, lighting, and video switcher.
- PCH Branding: Maintain the unified brand voice of PCH across different media channels.
- Collaborate with PCH team to create a social media calendar.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing strategy.
- Media Relations: Write and disseminate press releases. Write, coordinate production & dissemination of radio PSAs. Coordinate “Living Catholicism” print column. Coordinate promotional appearances by PCH event speakers on broadcast media. (1 hr/wk)
- Assist in updating PCH website, when necessary.
- Impact Statements: Maintain an ongoing archive of, and advocate for the dissemination of, testimonies related to PCH ministry.
- Newsletter: Edit Missionary of Hope newsletter for VIP contacts. Mailed out every two months. (2 hrs)
- Events: Represent PCH and its mission when asked to attend functions. Occasionally attend weekend events for production of live media content.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and functions (2 hrs/wk).
- Be available for assistance in the office with phone calls.
- Other duties as defined by PCH Media Coordinator and/or PCH Directors.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Call 210-521-3377 and ask for Mary Jane Fox and request an interview.
- Email resume to DTMJFox@PilgrimCenterOfHope.org with subject line: “MCA Position Inquiry”
- Visit our website: PilgrimCenterOfHope.org