Come on a journey with Mary Jane Fox and her guest, Debbie Garza, Ministry of Pilgrimage Group Leader for Pilgrim Center of Hope to the Basilica of Santa Croce (or Basilica of the Holy Cross) in Florence, Italy! This pilgrim destination has many connections to a multitude of famous artists, is the largest Franciscan church in the world, and is the final resting place of Michelangelo.
During our journey, you will discover:
- The church that is called the Temple of Italian Glories, its history and some of its many famous works of art.
- What was the faith of the Renaissance artists like?
- How can sacred art greatly impact our daily spiritual journey?
- Visio Divina – a brief guide in contemplating art and more!
WHERE to TUNE IN:
Live – Wed., February 16 @ 8:00 PM CST
- Guadalupe Radio Network (South/Central Texas Stations)
… Listen to the archived audio recording on our website, ASAP beginning the next day; will also be available on major podcast apps – search for “Journeys of Hope.”
Visit PilgrimCenterofHope.org for more information.
Featured Image: “Firenze – Basilica di Santa Croce” by Fred Romero from Paris, France, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons