Are only Catholic women able to attend?
We welcome ALL women! All women, Catholic, other faiths, no faith, in all states of life including single, married, widowed, divorced, with children or without are invited to attend The Catholic Women’s Conference.
What does my registration fee include?
In-person registration includes access to the conference both Friday and Saturday, a CWC Journal, light breakfast (i.e. packaged muffin and coffee or juice) on Saturday morning and boxed lunch Saturday. Plus, of course, an incredible “spa for the soul” experience!
Are there any registration discounts?
Please note registration discount deadlines are in place for each opportunity. If finances are a serious obstacle, we invite you to come to the conference and speak with our registration team.
- Group – 10 or more women registering as a group enjoy $10 each off the individual registration fee. Group leader (#11) receives a complimentary registration.
- Mother/Daughter – Mother & daughters can experience the conference together at $10 each off the individual registration fee.
- Volunteer – Volunteer at least 2-hours at the conference and enjoy $25 off the individual registration fee.
- Religious Sisters – Nuns in a religious order or community enjoy complimentary registration fee. We just ask that you 1) pray for women attending and all of us involved in the Catholic Women’s Conference asking our Lord to make it a spiritual success and 2) register with us to assure your Conference packet and lunch.
- Student/Military – All students, military (active-duty) who are unable to afford the registration fee are encouraged to apply for a scholarship and pay what you are able to afford.
- Scholarship – No woman will be turned away from registering for the CWC due to inability to pay. Thanks to the generosity of women who pay over their registration fee as Samaritan Women scholarships are provided for those who cannot afford to attend.
How do I buy the 2022 T-shirt?
CWC Signature T-shirts will be available for purchase at the conference but size and quantities are limited.
Virtual Attendees: If you are attending the CWC virtually and selected the Mail Order CWC T-shirt option, your shirt will be shipped to the address provided within two weeks AFTER the Conference. NOTE: Not available for shipping to residents living outside U.S.A.
Can I save on shipping cost by picking up my shirt? YES – Order the shirt through the $20 ticket type and contact us to arrange to pick it up from Pilgrim Center of Hope. Shirts will be available week prior to the conference.
Are refunds offered?
Sorry, no refunds, however registrations are transferable. A woman unable to attend may transfer her registration to another woman she knows who can attend or donate it as a scholarship for a woman in need who cannot attend due to financial reasons. Contact Pilgrim Center of Hope for assistance.
Do I need a ticket to attend?
Please note that a ticket is sent to the email provided during the registration process in an EventBrite order confirmation. If you ordered a T-shirt, (2) tickets will be emailed to you.
You do not have to have the ticket to check-in, but it will make the process go much quicker if you do so. We ask you to please either print or download the ticket to your phone as instructed by the EventBrite confirmation email.
Your email address is important! All conference news and helpful tips are sent to the email address provided at registration.
If you participate virtually, your email address is required to be able to access the live-stream.
After the conference, how long is the virtual recording available to watch?
The conference recording is accessible for 7 days following the event for all registrants (virtual & in-person).
What if I registered in-person, but I cannot make it to the conference?
All registered participants will receive an email on the day of the conference, with information about accessing the virtual event. Simply follow the instructions and enjoy the conference at-home in real time or on your own time for up to 7 days following CWC.
If you are registered for the in-person event and KNOW that you will not be attending, please let us know so that we may save expenses on food & beverage being ordered in anticipation of you being there. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-521-3377.
Can I transfer from virtual to in-person?
If you are registered for virtual and would like to attend in-person: You are welcome to show up the day of the conference, but please be mindful that we may be in a sold-out situation and may not be able to accommodate you. Also, note that lunch is not included in the virtual ticket. We suggest contacting us at least 8 days in advance by emailing email@example.com or calling 210-521-3377 so we can work to make room for you and provide for your food & beverage.
Is there an age limit to attend?
No. Women of all ages are encouraged to come and encounter Christ and be in fellowship with other women in order to be taught, inspired and encouraged in the vocation to womanhood.
Sensitive subjects may be presented, but the sad reality is that girls of even elementary age are being bombarded with these subjects out in the world; it is best to hear them in the light of the Church so as to grow in virtue and faith in God.
Notes for Nursing Mothers – Mothers are welcome to bring nursing babies. We ask that should the baby cry and become disruptive to please leave the conference area so as not to disturb other women in attendance. Any volunteer can assist in providing a comfortable place to nurse as needed.
Notes for Mothers with Small Children – No babysitting is provided. Women with small children are to leave them in the care of husbands / other guardians. The CWC is a time for women to encounter Jesus and draw closer to Him. You will return to your vocational tasks refreshed and reinvigorated… and husbands and children will only be the better for it!
How is the conference addressing COVID-19?
We’ll be practicing the safety guidelines prescribed by local authorities, including those of the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
What will I experience by attending the conference (in general)?
You will experience a “spa for the soul” with opportunities to encounter God through the presentations, the Bishop’s message for you, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and be encouraged by being with many women like you!
Does my attendance at Mass at the conference count as our weekly attendance to Mass?
The Mass that will be celebrated at the CWC will be Saturday morning Mass, so it is not the weekly Sunday observance.
Will food & beverage concessions be available on Friday?
The Knights of Columbus (Council #14690) from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church will have concessions available for purchase in the Marron Building, from 2:00-7:00pm on Friday.
How do I participate virtually?
All registrants will have the opportunity to participate from home; you will log into a unique website given to you a day before the conference along with a password. This will allow you to access the virtual website, which includes:
* Video player to watch the conference
* Conference Event Program Booklet PDF to follow along
* Virtual Exhibitor Listing
* FAQs and ways to contact us via email or text message for feedback & support
You’ll be able to see the conference stage just as the in-person attendees see it (maybe even better)!
You’ll be able to interact by sending your photos & feedback via email, text message, or Facebook; which is answered by our staff. Based on what you send us, our emcee may provide ‘shout-outs’ to virtual attendees throughout the event!
Here’s what past Virtual Participants said:
- “This was the first year attending the Catholic Women’s Conference virtual and was a little doubtful that it would not be the same as being there in-person. I was wrong, I was really impressed with the way it went. No issues at all. It was easy to connect.”
- “The virtual side was well done and showed you all were well prepared… Sound was good, cameras were good, and I felt included with the ‘shout outs’.”
- “This is the first time me and my three sisters participated because it was virtual and we live in different areas of Texas. We text during the breaks and lunch and shared our experience. Wonderful experience!”
Is there anything in Spanish?
The CWC is not offered in Spanish.
I am visiting from out-of-town, where do you suggest I stay?
See conference website for nearby hotels.
Preparing to Attend
How can I prepare for the conference?
Pray the CWC Prayer on our website, ask the Holy Spirit to prepare your mind and heart to be open to what you need to hear/learn.
I am coming from out of town. Where should I stay?
See conference website for nearby hotels.