PILGRIM CENTER of HOPE
7680 Joe Newton | San Antonio, Texas 78251210-521-3377 | PilgrimCenterOfHope.org
Answering Christ’s call, Pilgrim Center of Hope (PCH) guides people to encounter Him so as to live in hope, as pilgrims in daily life.
Our Core Values:
Humility & Trust | Docility & Discernment | Kerygmatic Joy
Our ministry encompasses pilgrimages, conferences, and evangelization outreach. PCH is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, founded in June of 1993 by Deacon Tom and Mary Jane Fox.
Media Production Assistant
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours
COMPENSATION: $18.00 per hour starting point
EDUCATION: Minimum: High School Diploma and Media Production Experience
SUMMARY: The Media Production Assistant (MPA) joins the staff of Pilgrim Center of Hope as a Missionary of Hope through his/her talents and skills in coordinating the content, production and editing of media broadcast, social, digital & print campaigns.
The MPA must have a solid foundation in Catholic teaching so as to efficiently and effectively research, write, create and produce all media campaigns through Pilgrim Center of Hope’s mission of “guiding people to Christ and the Church.”
The MPA possesses talent in writing for both print and broadcast, is knowledgeable in how to research authentic Catholic resources and Catholic images, have technical experience in audio and video creation and production, including use of media equipment and effective studio lighting and set creation.
TALENTS, SKILLS, CHARACTERISTICS/TRAITS
- Passion for creative productions including but not limited to: video, audio, social media
- Proficiency with industry-standard video & photo editing tools and digital media formats
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Clear and effective communicator; personable and active listener
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work towards meeting deadlines
- Confidence in recommending themes and topics
- Ability to guide and assist staff in media production projects outside main media campaigns (i.e. conferences, pilgrimages, and other events including fundraising) as needed
- Enthusiasm for promotion of PCH mission through media & interpersonal relationships
- Organized; exercises sound judgment and discretion in focusing on job objectives, establishing priorities, and reacting to the unexpected
- Motivated; a self-starter who exercises good judgment indecision-making.
- Consistently meets the mission’s core values and branding; aiming for a high level of professionalism
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- HS Diploma; Higher Education preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience: social media marketing/content development & video production
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & Photoshop at minimum), or equivalent digital media editing tools
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities and to use good judgment in prioritizing assignments
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The following duties will be executed in conjunction with PCH Staff, as directed by PCH Media Coordinator and/or PCH Directors:
- Coordinate the scheduling, creating, research, writing, hosting, producing, editing of engaging content for media productions which includes but is not limited to:
- Monthly video events (Socials with the Saints, Meet the Master)
- Weekly video series (Journey with Jesus, Meet Mary)
- Weekly radio/podcast (Journeys of Hope)
- Weekly Pilgrim Log blog
- Weekly event calendar submission to Faith Section, for San Antonio Express News
- Monthly print column, Living Catholicism, for Today’s Catholic newspaper
- Quarterly Missionary of Hope Newsletter (print and email editions)
- Regular faith articles for Faith Section, San Antonio Express News
- Guadalupe Radio Network (89.7 FM) PSAs as needed to promote PCH events
- Be responsible for and proficient in software editing programs & equipment such as cameras, microphones, lighting, and video switcher.
- PCH Branding: Maintain the unified brand voice of PCH across different media channels.
- Collaborate with PCH team to create a media & promotions calendar.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing strategy.
- Media Relations: Research and recommend media resources for promoting PCH.
- Assist in updating PCH website, when necessary.
- Events: Represent PCH and its mission when asked to attend functions. Occasionally attend weekend events for production of live media content.
- Other duties as defined by PCH Media Coordinator and/or PCH Directors
Call to Action
- Visit our website to learn about Pilgrim Center of Hope: PilgrimCenterOfHope.org
- Email resume to DTMJFox@PilgrimCenterOfHope.org with subject line: “MPA Position Inquiry”
- Call 210-521-3377; ask for Mary Jane Fox (Co-Director) and request an interview.