Join Mary Jane Fox for a spiritual journey to the town of Cascia in the Umbrian region of Italy. Discover why so many of the faithful are drawn here as they make their pilgrimages from Rome to Assisi. During this program you will learn about the:
- Basilica of Santa Rita da Cascia, the minor basilica where the incorrupt body of St. Rita is preserved
- Eucharistic miracle from Siena that is preserved here
- Life of St. Rita, a widow who became a nun
- Lessons to be learned from St. Rita’s difficult life
WHERE to TUNE IN:
Encore – Wed., July 8 @ 8:00 PM
- Guadalupe Radio Network (South/Central Texas Stations)
… Listen to the archived audio recording on our website, ASAP!
Prayer to St. Rita of Cascia
Dear Rita, model wife and widow, you yourself suffered in a long illness showing patience out of love for God. Teach us to pray as you did. Many invoke you for help, full of confidence in your intercession. Deign to come now to our aid for the relief and cure of (name). To God all things are possible; may this healing give glory to the Lord. Amen. Holy Patroness of those in need, Saint Rita, you were humble, pure and patient. Your pleadings with your divine Spouse are irresistible, so please obtain for me from our risen Jesus the request I make of you: (mention your petition). Saint Rita, you miraculously participated in the sorrowful passion of our Lord Jesus Christ. Obtain for me now the grace to suffer with resignation the troubles of this life, and protect me in all my needs. Amen
Visit PilgrimCenterofHope.org for more information.