Come on a journey with Angela Sealana and Jason Nunez as they spiritually travel to the Church of Saint Mary Major Assisi, Italy. Inside one of the oldest churches in Assisi, is the Shrine of the Stripping. This site recalls the incredible act of St. Frances renounced his patrimony, including his clothing, in the bishop’s residence in the presence of his father. This is also the final resting place of Bl. Carlo Acutis. He was only 15 years old when he passed in a hospital in Monza, Italy, in 2006, offering all his sufferings for the Church and for the Pope.
During this program:
- Learn about the life of Bl. Carlo Acutis and the legacy he has left for the world.
- Discover the significance behind The Shrine of the Stripping and why Bl. Carlo’s tomb is located there.
- Take away some lessons of how Bl. Carlo lived his life.
- Much more!
Images captured from the Official website for the Carlo Acutis Association and the Cause of Canonization of Blessed Carlo Acutis.
Click here to view a live stream of the Tomb of Bl Carlo Acutis
*Webcam at the time of our recording appears to be temporarily down.
Listen to this program now:
Jewel for the Journey:
“All people are born as originals, but many die as photocopies.” – Pope Francis, quote of Carlo Acutis as highlighted in Christus Vivit
Websites Created by B. Carlo Acutis:
Quotes from Bl. Carlo Acutis:
- “The Eucharist is the highway to heaven.”
- “Our soul is like a hot air balloon. If by chance there is a mortal sin, the soul falls to the ground. Confession is like the fire underneath the balloon enabling the soul to rise again. . . It is important to go to confession often.”
- “Continuously ask your guardian angel for help. Your guardian angel has to become your best friend.”
- “All people are born as originals but many die as photocopies.”
- “Find God and you will find the meaning of your life”.
- “Conversion is nothing more than moving your gaze from the bottom up, a simple movement of the eyes is enough”.
- “Only those who do God’s will be truly free”.
- “The true disciple of Jesus Christ is he who in everything tries to imitate him and to do God’s will”.
- “Why do humans care so much about the beauty of their body and then don’t care about the beauty of their soul?”
- “What will truly make us beautiful in God’s eyes will be only the way we loved him and how we loved our brothers.”
- “A life is truly beautiful only if we come to love God above all else, our neighbor as ourselves”.
The Tomb of Bl. Carlo Acutis:
Images captured from the official website of the Carlo Acutis Association and the Cause of Canonization of Blessed Carlo Acutis
Where is the Church of Saint Mary Major Assisi, Italy?